Thursday, September 18, 2014

....and summer ends.

Phew!!!

It has been forever and day. Seriously I didn't mean to stay away for this long. Maybe just for the summer but I planned to come back immediately school resumed. That was exactly 2 weeks ago. I hope everyone is doing well, learning a little something from the challenges of life. I am doing very good. We had a very busy summer. I thought with the kids in summer camp most of the time, that would equate to more time for me. I wish ! Before I could say jack, they were back home and poof went the time. We had a swell time all around  but according to my children's account, it wasn't a full vacation because we didn't leave upstate. Not even a trip to NYC?! *in my 6-yr-old's voice*. She thinks every vacation is not complete without a trip to the beach.

One thing we did a lot of this summer was read. We read lots and lots of books. Our local library had a summer reading program with the promise of a goody bag at the end. That motivated the children to read and that made me happy because I love to read.

These are some of the books we enjoyed.

froggy

My son loved this book so much, I bet we read all the Froggy books this summer and listened to the audio at least 10 times.



 katie

My daughter lost a couple of teeth this summer and this was a good read. 



 

I Didn't Ask to Be Born (But I'm Glad I Was) Bill Cosbybill

This was an easy-street read. I totally enjoyed it.

Looks like summer is over but not officially till 22 or  23rd September. We are already in the cool down season * my favorite*. We plan to read more in the coming months. I would appreciate any recommendations.

Enjoy the rest of the week .



9 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back. Please stay back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just crossed my mind today and here you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings......
    sometimes life gets busy
    and many manner of things call to you/fight for your attention
    so
    at times
    a bit of a sabbatical is in order.

    Reading is good, nourishes the mind and expands the spirit.
    peace....
    blessings to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rhapsody . Blessings to you and yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh i like the change, looks good on you.

    ReplyDelete